• 社区居民
  • 发帖能手
  • 发帖天才
阅读:2509回复:8

[资料共享]英语励志短文【连载ing】

楼主#
更多 发布于:2016-06-15 18:34

A New Day 崭新的一天

The sun has begun to set and I hang up the smile I’ve worn all day, though I will make sure it is the first thing I put back on in the morning just in case it is “that day.” I want her to see me at my very best.
  太阳将要下山,我收起挂了一天的微笑,不过我会确保明天早上第一件事就是将它又挂回去,以防这天就是“那一天”。我希望她看到我的最佳状态。
  I do the normal routine, eat dinner, clean the house, write—the usual stuff. And then I lay down hoping to fall asleep quickly so my new day will hurry up and arrive. A new day with a brand new sun. But as I lay there and wait for the world to turn half way around, I think about her. And sometimes I smile, and sometimes that smile will turn into asnicker, and then often that snicker will turn into a burst of laughter.
  我按平时的规律吃晚餐、打扫屋子、写作——做着日常事务。然后我躺下,希望能快点入睡,新的一天就能快点到来——拥有新生太阳的崭新的一天。可当我躺在那儿,等待着世界的日夜回转时,我想到了她。有时我会笑起来,有时那微笑变成了窃笑,然后窃笑又常常变成爆笑。
  And then there are times I get that lump in my throat and that tight feeling in my chest, and sometimes that feeling overwhelms me and begins to turn into a tear, and often that tear multiplies itself and I can no longer fight the feeling and I lose the battle. Then somehow through either the joy or the sadness I drift and find myself asleep. Then the dreams begin and keep me company until my new day arrives.
  也有些时候,我的喉咙像是被一块东西哽住了,胸口发闷;有时那种伤感席卷而来,我开始流泪,眼泪常常越流越多,我再也无力抵抗悲伤,败下阵来。然后不知怎的,我在或喜悦或悲伤中飘荡,逐渐入眠。然后梦境开始伴我左右,直至新的一天到来。
  When I awake it’s with such excitement because I tell myself this could be the day that every other day has led up to and the first day of the rest of my life. I quickly don my smile because I do so want her to see me at my very best. Then I look out the window because, even though I know it’s dawn, I still have to confirm I’ve been given another chance to find her.
  醒来时,我兴奋不已,因为我告诉自己今天也许就是之前其他日子为之打下基础的“那一天”,是我余生的第一天。我迅速挂上微笑,因为我真的很想让她看到我的最佳状态。然后我朝窗外看去,因为即使我知道现在才刚刚破晓,我仍得确定自己可以与她再次邂逅。
  And there it is…the sun, even when it’s cloudy; somehow I still see it. And it smiles at me and I say, “Thank you,” and I smile back.
  它在那里……太阳,虽然还是云雾重重,但我还是看到它了。它朝我微笑,我道了声“谢谢”,回以一笑。
  Then I ask myself, “Is this the day?” And the excitement rushes over me again. And then I ask myself, “Where’s it going to be?”
  然后我问自己:“今天就是那一天吗?”兴奋之情再次充溢全身。然后我问自己:“它会在哪里呢?”
  Maybe it’ll be at the water fountain, and, unexpectedly, there I’ll find her, and much more than my thirst will be quenched. Maybe it’ll be at the grocery store and there she’ll appear as I’m picking out fruit, and she’ll show me the difference between fresh and spoiled. Then, from that moment, nothing that I eat will ever taste the same because she’ll bring out the simplest beauties in everything I see, taste, smell, hear, or touch.
  也许它会藏在饮水机里,没想到我真能在那里找到她,为我生津止渴,取之不尽。也许它会躲在杂货店里,我拿起水果的时候,她就出现了,她会给我展示新鲜和变质的不同。然后,从那一刻开始,我所尝到的一切味道不再一样,因为但凡我看到的、尝到的、闻到的、听到的或摸到的东西,她都带出了它们最简单的美丽。
  Or maybe today will be the day when my angel brings an item up to the cash register without its price tag. And as I wait behind this angel with all the frustrated people who are in such a hurry with their busy lives, I will find myself with such blessed extra time. Just enough time to start a conversation with this beautiful vision standing in front of me that I might not otherwise have noticed, but, because of a “price check on register 5,” I was able to find her.
  或许就在今天,我的天使把一件没有价格标签的商品拿到收银台。我在天使身后排队,看着身心疲惫的人们忙忙碌碌地过日子,庆幸自己得到了这样的额外时间,让我可以和面前的倩影闲聊一会儿,否则我也许会错过,但只因为一句“请到5号收银台付款”,我就能找到她。
  Thank you for the sun, which began my new day. Thank you for granting me the faith when I arose this morning that I would find her in this new day. But most of all, thank you for me not having to ever wait on another sunrise because whenever I want to see it, I will look at her and there it shall always be, in her eyes; she will forever hold it for me.
  感谢太阳,它是新一天的开始。感谢你让我今早一起床就满怀信心,知道自己能在这新的一天找到她。但最要感谢的是我不必再等下一个日出,因为无论我想何时看到它,我都可以看向她,它总会出现在她的双眸里;她永远为我留着。
  She is my sunrise, my dawn, my new day.
  她是我的日出,我的黎明,我崭新的一天。
长街长,樱花繁,你挑灯回看。 短亭短,红尘辗,我把萧再叹。
wen981004
论坛元老
论坛元老
  • 粉丝848
  • 关注44
  • 发帖数4403
  • 铜币28296枚
  • 贡献值579点
  • 好评度1409
  • 来自辽宁省 大连市 金州区
  • 最后登录2018-03-19
  • 20天大作战
  • 20天大作战[2015]
  • 幽默大师
  • 忠实会员
  • 社区明星
  • 最爱沙发
  • 社区居民
  • 发帖能手
  • 发帖天才
沙发#
发布于:2016-06-15 18:35
  1 life is hard.
  We should not give up hope. By the time we have given up, we are finished. Chances are always there. We have to grab every single opportunity...to help, to love and to serve. To live our life happier, full of joy, we have to set our goal and even dream big. If we choose the shortest path in life, we will never learn. To be or not to be, we have to be SOMEBODY. The fastest way to gain love is to love others first! Do not hide your talent, your knowledge and your beautiful heart. Go for your dream and live for it.
  生活是艰辛的.我们不应该放弃希望.我们放弃了,我们被完成.机会永远都在那里.我们必须抓住每一个机会,去帮助他们,去爱和服务.我们的人生更快乐,生活充满快乐,我们得把我们的目标,甚至更大的梦想.如果我们选择最短路径在生活中,我们将永远学不会.去做,或是不做,我们必须出人头地.获得爱的最快的方式就是去爱别人!不要隐藏你的才华,你的知识和你的美丽的心.去找你的梦想并生活在其中
wen981004
论坛元老
论坛元老
  • 粉丝848
  • 关注44
  • 发帖数4403
  • 铜币28296枚
  • 贡献值579点
  • 好评度1409
  • 来自辽宁省 大连市 金州区
  • 最后登录2018-03-19
  • 20天大作战
  • 20天大作战[2015]
  • 幽默大师
  • 忠实会员
  • 社区明星
  • 最爱沙发
  • 社区居民
  • 发帖能手
  • 发帖天才
板凳#
发布于:2016-06-15 18:36
  2 Love Your Life
  热爱生活
  Henry David Thoreau/享利.大卫.梭罗
  However mean your life is,meet it and live it ;do not shun it and call it hard names.It is not so bad as you are.It looks poorest when you are richest.The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.Love your life,poor as it is.You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,glorious hourss,even in a poor-house.The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man\'s abode;the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts,as in a palace.The town\'s poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.May be they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.Most think that they are above being supported by the town;but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means.which should be more disreputable.Cultivate poverty like a garden herb,like sage.Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends,Turn the old,return to them.Things do not change;we change.Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.
  不论你的生活如何卑贱,你要面对它生活,不要躲避它,更别用恶言咒骂它.它不像你那样坏.你最富有的时候,倒是看似最穷.爱找缺点的人就是到天堂里也能找到缺点.你要爱你的生活,尽管它贫穷.甚至在一个济贫院里,你也还有愉快、高兴、光荣的时候.夕阳反射在济贫院的窗上,像身在富户人家窗上一样光亮;在那门前,积雪同在早春融化.我只看到,一个从容的人,在哪里也像在皇宫中一样,生活得心满意足而富有愉快的思想.城镇中的穷人,我看,倒往往是过着最独立不羁的生活.也许因为他们很伟大,所以受之无愧.大多数人以为他们是超然的,不靠城镇来支援他们;可是事实上他们是往往利用了不正当的手段来对付生活,他们是毫不超脱的,毋宁是不体面的.视贫穷如园中之花而像圣人一样耕植它吧!不要找新的花样,无论是新的朋友或新的衣服,来麻烦你自己.找旧的,回到那里去. 万物不变,是我们在变.你的衣服可以卖掉,但要保留你的思想
wen981004
论坛元老
论坛元老
  • 粉丝848
  • 关注44
  • 发帖数4403
  • 铜币28296枚
  • 贡献值579点
  • 好评度1409
  • 来自辽宁省 大连市 金州区
  • 最后登录2018-03-19
  • 20天大作战
  • 20天大作战[2015]
  • 幽默大师
  • 忠实会员
  • 社区明星
  • 最爱沙发
  • 社区居民
  • 发帖能手
  • 发帖天才
地板#
发布于:2016-06-15 18:36
  5. The life I desired
  我所追求的生活
  That must be the story of innumerable couples,and the pattern of lifeof life it offers has a homely grace.It reminds you of a placid rivulet,meandering smoohtly through green pastures and shaded by pleasant trees,till at last it falls into the vasty sea;but the sea is so calm,so silent,so infifferent,that you are troubled suddently by a vague uneasiness.Perhaps it is only by a kink in my nature,strong in me even in those days,that i felt in such an existence,the share of the great majority,something amiss.I recognized its social value.I saw its ordered happiness,but a fever in my blood asked for a wilder course.There seemed to me something alarming in such easy delights.In my heart was desire to live more dangerously.I was not unprepared for jagged rocks and treacherous,shoals it I could only have change-change and the exicitement of unforeseen.
  这一定是世间无数对夫妻的生活写照,这种生活模式给人一种天伦之美.它使人想起一条平静的溪流,蜿蜒畅游过绿茵的草场,浓荫遮蔽,最后注入烟波浩渺的汪洋大海;但是大海太过平静,太过沉默,太过不动声色,你会突然感到莫名的不安.也许这只是我自己的一种怪诞想法,在那样的时代,这想法对我影响很深:我觉得这像大多数人一样的生活,似乎欠缺了一点儿什么.我承认这种生活有社会价值,我也看到了它那井然有序的幸福,但我血液里的冲动却渴望一种更桀骜不驯的旅程.这样的安逸中好像有一种叫我惊惧不安的东西.我的心渴望一种更加惊险的生活.只要生活中还能有变迁———以及不可知的刺激,我愿意踏上怪石嶙峋的山崖,奔赴暗礁满布的海
wen981004
论坛元老
论坛元老
  • 粉丝848
  • 关注44
  • 发帖数4403
  • 铜币28296枚
  • 贡献值579点
  • 好评度1409
  • 来自辽宁省 大连市 金州区
  • 最后登录2018-03-19
  • 20天大作战
  • 20天大作战[2015]
  • 幽默大师
  • 忠实会员
  • 社区明星
  • 最爱沙发
  • 社区居民
  • 发帖能手
  • 发帖天才
4楼#
发布于:2016-06-15 18:37
The secret of success
One of the keys to being successful in anything you do is persistence.Once you have determined exactly what you want to accomplish,you must take massive action on a consistent ,and persistent basis in order to succeed.
If you take the time to study any successful person ,you will learn that the vast majority of them have had more "failure"than they have had "successes".This because successful people are persistent; the more they stumble and fall,the more they get right back up and get going again.On the other hand,people that don't get back up and try again,never reach success.
Absolutely,definitely,without any doubt,I have every confidence in myself.I will succeed.I can make it !
成功的秘诀:坚持不懈
任何事情取得成功的关键之一就是坚持不懈.一旦你确定了自己要达成什么目标,就一定要采取大量行动,并且始终如一、坚持不懈,直到成功.
如果你花时间去研究那些成功人士,你就会发现,他们绝大多数人的“失败”都比“成功”多.这是因为成功人士是坚持不懈的.他们摔倒的越多,站起来继续前行的次数就会越多.另一方面,那些摔倒或不爬起来再尝试的人,永远不会成功.
绝对地,毫无疑问地,我对自己充满信心,我一定会成功的
wen981004
论坛元老
论坛元老
  • 粉丝848
  • 关注44
  • 发帖数4403
  • 铜币28296枚
  • 贡献值579点
  • 好评度1409
  • 来自辽宁省 大连市 金州区
  • 最后登录2018-03-19
  • 20天大作战
  • 20天大作战[2015]
  • 幽默大师
  • 忠实会员
  • 社区明星
  • 最爱沙发
  • 社区居民
  • 发帖能手
  • 发帖天才
5楼#
发布于:2016-06-15 18:37
Whether sixty or sixteen, there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonders, the unfailing childlike appetite of what's next and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station: so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from the infinite, so long are you young.
无论是60岁还是16岁,你需要保持永不衰竭的好奇心、永不熄灭的孩提般求知的渴望和追求事业成功的欢乐与热情.在你我的心底,有一座无线电台,它能在多长时间里接收到人间万物传递来的美好、希望、欢乐、鼓舞和力量的信息,你就会年轻多长时间.
An individual human existence should be like a river—small at first, narrowly contained within its banks, and rushing passionately past boulders and over waterfalls. Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow more quietly, and in the end, without any visible break, they become merged in the sea, and painlessly lose their individual being.
人的生命应当像河流,开始是涓涓细流,受两岸的限制而十分狭窄,尔后奔腾咆哮,翻过危岩,飞越瀑布,河面渐渐开阔,河岸也随之向两边隐去,最后水流平缓,森森无际,汇入大海之中,个人就这样毫无痛苦地消失了.
Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity,of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease.This often exists in a man of sixty more than a boy of twenty.Nobody grows old merely by a number of years.We grow old by deserting our ideals.
青春意味着战胜懦弱的那股大丈夫气概和摈弃安逸的那种冒险精神.往往一个60岁的老者比一个20岁的青年更多一点这种劲头.人老不仅仅是岁月流逝所致,更主要的是不思进取的结果.
Years may wrinkle the skin,but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. Worry, fear, self-distrust bows the heart and turns the spirit back to dust.
光阴可以在颜面上留下印记,而热情之火的熄灭则在心灵上刻下皱纹.烦恼、恐惧、缺乏自信会扭曲人的灵魂,并将青春化为灰烬.
Balanar
高级学员
高级学员
  • 粉丝122
  • 关注120
  • 发帖数721
  • 铜币6279枚
  • 贡献值97点
  • 好评度275
  • 来自
  • 最后登录2016-09-18