• 社区明星
  • 忠实会员
  • 原创先锋
  • 师恩难忘
阅读:2504回复:3

英语。。。

楼主#
更多 发布于:2012-07-27 11:57
At two o'clock a bank robber stole in."This is a holdup," the man said loudly. He took a gun from under his jacket, pointing to George."Hand it over!" George reached into his money-box and took all the bills from the top part-close to six thousand dollars. The robber took them and turned to leave.
  Then, while everyone watched the robber, George calmly lifted the top part of the money-box, took bills from the bottom part and put them into his own pocket secretly.
  The door was shut and the bank robber was gone. George fainted(晕倒).
  As soon as he was safely behind his bedroom door, George counted the money. He had eight thousand dollars. He was very happy.
  The next morning, while the others were examining the bank's records, George was called into Mr Burrow's office and was introduced to Mr. Carruthers, who used to be president of the bank.
  "Good morning, George, I was sorry to give you a hard time yesterday, but with all the banks being robbed these days I thought it would be a good idea to prove that our little bank can be robbed too. I have retired(退休), but I'm always thinking of our bank. That's why I played my little game yesterday, just to keep everyone on his toes(趾). Now, I have put the money back in your money-box all six thousand."

问题Which sentence can be used to end the story?
 A. George turned cold with fear. B. George turned red with anger.
 C. George was pleased with the end. D. George was disappointed with the end.
答案为什么是A啊???
红尘醉,微醺の岁月, 我用无悔, 刻永世爱你的碑。
QLZCqchw
新生入学
新生入学
  • 粉丝2
  • 关注0
  • 发帖数7
  • 铜币-2枚
  • 贡献值0点
  • 好评度0
  • 来自
  • 最后登录2013-02-04
沙发#
发布于:2012-08-02 18:01
回复
keep everyone on his toes   意思是让某某某保持警惕
A乔治害怕
B乔治恼羞成怒
C乔治很高兴这个结局
D乔治对这个结局很失望
这其实是个英语短文,我看过的   有的老师断章取义拿出来考
这个文章写的是乔治早就策划好啦犯罪,然后正好遭遇抢劫,而这个抢劫
其实只是个幌子,目的是为啦让大家提高警惕。
原文中那个行长还有一句话是“好啦,现在我把所有的账单都点清楚啦”
乔治害怕之后,就有人进来啦
QLZCqchw
新生入学
新生入学
  • 粉丝2
  • 关注0
  • 发帖数7
  • 铜币-2枚
  • 贡献值0点
  • 好评度0
  • 来自
  • 最后登录2013-02-04
板凳#
发布于:2012-08-02 18:03
我找到原文啦
[14] "Good morning. George," said Mr. Carruthers. "I was sorry to hear you fainted yesterday. Are you all right now?"
"Yes, sir, just fine, thanks."

[15] "I'm glad to hear it. That was quite an adventure. It just goes to show how easy it is to rob our bank."
"Sir?" said George, confused.

[16] "George, I was sorry to give you a hard time yesterday, but with all the banks being robbed these days I thought it would be a good idea to prove that our little bank can be robbed too. I have retired, but I haven't stopped thinking. That's why I played my little game yesterday, just to keep everybody on his toes."
"I don't understand," said George. "What game?"

[17] The old man laughed and took out a mask. He placed it over his face and said: "All right. Hand it over!" Mr. Burrows laughed but George did not.

[18] "And the money?" George asked in a small voice.
"Don't worry." Mr. Carruthers said. "I put it all back in your cashbox--all six thousand. We're just finishing up the audit now." George turned cold with fear.

[19] Behind them, the door opened and Mr. Bell, the chief auditor, put his head into the room. "Mr. Burrows," he said gravely, "may I see you a moment?"
tongshi123
中级学员
中级学员
  • 粉丝5
  • 关注2
  • 发帖数35
  • 铜币3955枚
  • 贡献值2点
  • 好评度5
  • 来自
  • 最后登录2024-03-13
地板#