• 幽默大师
  • 宣传大使
  • 社区明星
  • 一鸣惊人
阅读:1786回复:10

[英语角]Essay of 9/24/2019

楼主#
更多 发布于:2020-10-27 15:35
"A man rushed into his home, yelling to his wife, ‘I know everything!' His wife just sits calmly, 'So, do you know who assassinated Kennedy?'"
Actually, nobody knows it. The assassin is still a mystery in the history, who changed the whole world, or at least the US, but nobody knows his name.
I am not going to talk about US politics.The man simply didn’t know everything in the world, and he just meant he knew everything about the affair between his wife and somebody else. After all, who can claim that he knows everything? There’s always something he doesn’t know,as he is not Wikipedia…
Two of my roommates chatted last night, and one of them suddenly said, “I know everything!” I then asked him,” Do you know who assassinated Kennedy?” He replied,” A white man.” The one who was just talking with him laughed in astonishment, and then told this story as a joke to others. This is simply a joke, after all.
Remember the joke of a kid, who just say” I know everything” to others, and both of his parents gave him money, but the postman said” Give your dad a hug”? Everyone has some secret, and if these things get known by others, we will prevent them from telling at any cost. Take myself as an example, if somebody said” I know everything” to me, I will also give him some money. I will pay him for teaching me Discrete Mathematics, JAVA programming, etc. By the way, I will also ask him the name of the assassin who killed Kennedy.
Even our teacher couldn’t know everything. He may be very professional in his field, but he won’t know everything. Out of his field, he will be no more than a student who have learn from others. Don’t be afraid of saying the phrase, “I don’t know”, and you will get into the world much better.

最新喜欢:

fbqpyidhfbqpyi...
科技使学习更简单,名师让高考变轻松!
qylizhi
超级版主
超级版主
  • 粉丝575
  • 关注5
  • 发帖数4154
  • 铜币11128枚
  • 贡献值1767点
  • 好评度2515